Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 41- Self-Forgiveness on Sexually Transmitted Infections

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to have unprotected sex with C even after I knew she had been infected with HPV
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear HPV
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realize that I fear HPV because I judge those with STIs as less than
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge those with STIs as less than instead of seeing, realizing, and understanding that manifested consequence is here, and that we are all equal regardless of the manifested consequences of our actions, but that does not justify continuing to manifest harmful consequences
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear being harmed by sexually transmitted infections
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to separate myself from sexually transmitted infections here, instead of seeing, realizing, and understanding that sexually transmitted infections are a part of life here and must be dealt with in common sense
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear dealing with sexually transmitted infections
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to become angry towards C for not disclosing her sexually transmitted infection to me before we had sex
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to blame another for allowing myself to have sex with C even after she told me she had a sexually transmitted infection
When and as I see myself go into blame for having sex with C after I knew she tested positive for a sexually transmitted infection, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I am responsible for what I do with my body, alone, and thus cannot place the blame for having sex with C on anyone else. Within this, I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to experience shame towards my decision to have sex with C even when I knew she had been exposed to a sexually transmitted infection.
I forgive myself for not allowing myself to not realize that experiencing shame towards my decision to have sex with C even after I knew she had been exposed to a sexually transmitted infection implies that I seek someone else to relieve me of the responsibility/consequences of having had sex with C.

When and as I see myself moving to have sex with someone without ensuring I am properly protected from harmful consequences, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I alone am responsible for my actions and there can be no special panacea for me if I were to manifest the consequence of a sexually transmitted disease, but that I would then be responsible for living with the consequences of my actions.

I commit myself to ensure proper safety protocols are taken before I have sex again

No comments:

Post a Comment