Sunday, August 16, 2020

Day 68- Why is Nobody Helping Me?

Together, Helping​ Each Other, WinningA thought came up the other day that ‘I am not getting the feedback I need/deserve from other Destonians’. I have been participating on the forum for 9 years. When I first started, it was a lot more active than it is these days, where it is mostly just a few of us posting our Journey to Life blogs. I’ve thought ‘this is supposed to be a platform of support, why is nobody giving me feedback on my writings?” 

Within this is a stance of passivity, where I expect another to do something for me. Yes, there is a general expectation that the platform is there for people to interact and give feedback/support to others, but nobody is being paid to participate there and in no way is there an obligation for this feedback to occur. Thus, my entitlement to receiving feedback is misplaced. 

And, when I really look at it, I haven’t given much feedback to others on the forum. 



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think I am not getting the feedback I deserve on the Desteni forum.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to believe I deserve feedback on the Desteni forum when and how I want it- instead of considering that forum members are real people with their own lives who may have any number of reasons for not wanting/being able to provide feedback to me



I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to not realize that believing I am entitled to feedback on the Desteni forum implies that I desire to receive feedback without explicitly asking for feedback, engendering an attitude of passivity where I expect to receive something for nothing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not ask for feedback on the Desteni forum, instead of wondering and hoping and wishing to receive feedback on my posts, hiding behind the expectation that, because I read somewhere once that it is ‘supposed’ to be a platform of support, I should receive this support automatically without specifically asking for it if I have not received the support I want/need



When and as I see myself think ‘I am not getting the support I require on the Desteni forum’, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I am not entitled to receive anything in this life. If someone wants to give feedback, cool.



When and as I see myself believe I am entitled to receive feedback on the Desteni forum, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I am capABLE of asking for feedback if I need it.

When and as I see myself go into fear in relation to asking for feedback on a certain topic/issue I am struggling with, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that communication is important in getting the specific help I need, otherwise, how can anyone know what I require?



I commit myself to ask for feedback if I need it



Suggest to check out DIP Lite- a FREE online course w/buddy
Desteni
Destonians.com- Destonian Social Network
7 Year Journey to Life- The 7 Year journey to life
Equal Money System- Investigate the proposal for a new economic system to be implemented worldwide in years to come
Living Income Guaranteed- The first step in that economic system
EQAFE- YOUR existential library w/Every question answered for Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment